Where to place ICC Custom Printing Profiles in Big Sur to use them in Photoshop cc ?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to place ICC Custom Printing Profiles in Big Sur to use them in Photoshop cc ?

I tried to add them in the hidden Library > Profiles 

Then in MacHD > User > Library > Recomended profiles

As it worked in other OS but here on Big Sur 11.0.1 the profiles never showed up in the Printer's profiles in the Adobe PS' printing window. (screen capture attached)

Thanx for helping !

Q

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to add them in the hidden Library > Profiles 

Then in MacHD > User > Library > Recomended profiles

As it worked in other OS but here on Big Sur 11.0.1 the profiles never showed up in the Printer's profiles in the Adobe PS' printing window. (screen capture attached)

Thanx for helping !

Q

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dos this help, this is not specific to OSX Big Sur, but I would hope it would work

Note also that profiles (particularly printer profiles from paper manufacturers) sometimes have differing 'internal' names

(which is what's shown in applications) so, the ones you're looking for may have names that differ to the profile filenames shown in the finder

if you double click on one of your offending profiles, the OSX colorsync utility should open and show you the naming.

On OSX there are quite a few ICC profile folders, here's a list:

Profiles the Mac OS requires:

/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Profiles available to all logged in users and all [colour management savvy] applications

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Profiles limited to an individual logged in user

/Users/username/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Profiles that are listed only in Adobe applications:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles

Profiles that are listed in the upper section of the profile lists in Adobe applications:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended

Abstract Profiles available in Photoshop for Color Lookup layers

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/how-to/edit-photo-color-lookup-adjustment.html ]:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color Profiles

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0