• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to sell PS actions?

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta ask since I am out of job because of this Corona etc. Where can I sell my PS actions, LR presets etc. I made my profile on Sellfy and FilterGrade (Links removed by moderator) and I am waiting for a response from Envato. Any other suggestions on how to make a buck from my work? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll recall that during the gold rush, it wasn't (invariably) the gold-diggers who made money but those who sold them the picks and shovels. Maybe you should investigate (in-depth) the various ways (e.g. publicity, marketing methods and distribution channels) of selling such products and sell that instead, or in addition to, your PS Actions.

As an example of this kind of thinking, here's a link to someone who sells advice to self-publishing authors:

https://selfpublishing.lpages.co/ads-waitlist/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, gotta repeat that I am out of work and buying something was not in my mind right away. 😄 But I will check it out, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't suggesting you buy anything; just research an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think one can distribute Photoshop Actions via Adobe Exchange, as some are listed as free while others give a price is seems selling is an option. 

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO it not something you will make money doing. Adobe exchange IMO is hard to put up with, Sell one copy the buyer can change it and distribute it as theirs.  I have I think only download one Action I did not change to work better for my work flow.  I download action mainly to read the steps to see how other use Photoshop.  Most Actions I have download were not worth the effort required to read and analyze.  Many were quite bad.  Occasionally I may get curious about a Action on the web and download it to read.  The best Action one has are the ones they create for themselves. Actions are not hard to record.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pity the site does not seem to display numbers for downloads/sales, that might give us a better idea if it might be worth the trouble to try and sell Actions, Presets etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines