• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Photoshop CC version should I start with?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know what you recommend me to do. I am planning to install Photoshop CC but I do not know which version to get. I read that versions from 2020 have many issues and I understand people are returning to the 2019 version. Should I start with 2019 then, or, if I get the 2020 version will it include older versions for me to swap to if needed, or will I be stuck with a buggy 2020 version?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post your computer hardware specs which is always helpful when asking such questions.

If your computer meet the system requirements, install the latest version. If you are on Mac don't install Big Sur if you dont have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, never thought of that. Not sure which specs help ......

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.70 GHz

Ram - 16.0 GB

GPU -NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Is that enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system specs are not stellar, but you should be able to run Photoshop CC reasonably comfortably.  

The issues with the latest version V22.3.1 are centered around features that use the GPU and the Pen tool.  If you are just going to be improving photographs that shouldn't be too much of a problem.  However, if you do find 22.3.1 annoying to use, there's nothing stopping you from rolling back a few versions.

Open the Creative Cloud app, and click on the three dots to the right of Photoshop and chose Other Versions

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I am running CC now and so far, it seems to run fine.

Lets hope it stays that way. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines