• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which should I choose?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a professional photographer and have been using CSPS5 Extended with Bridge.  Even with updating and reloading the program, it still freezes, usually in the Lens Correction mode.  Program is 9+ years old, so I guess it's time to replace it.   Have tried Lightroom in the past and did not like it, even after a 2-day workshop, so I've spent some time today comparing Elements and the latest Photoshop, neither of which mentions Bridge.  Is it no more?  If it's gone, what has replaced it?

Is Elements at all useful for RAW editing (a necessity for me)?  Would it have the basic editing tools found in older versions of Photoshop? The promos are full of flash but little basic info. 

I've been happy with my old program -- it does everything I need-- and am not looking forward to yet another new learning curve.  That said, I'd appreciate comment on the current Elements versus Photoshop programs. 

In case it matters I run a Canon Mark II, shoot only raw, and use Windows 10. 

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Thanks to you all.  I've decided to try to blend Lightroom with Photoshop, have subscribed to Laura's newsletter, and have computer in shop in case my Photoshop problem is system-based. Your mutual advices were all on the mark. I appreciate your talents and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment on PS Elements as I don't use it.

The Photography Plan gives your Lightroom (I use Classic which is desktop based) , Photoshop CC and you do get Bridge included if you choose to download it.

Any reason for your dislike of Lightroom? I find it a fantastic partner to Photoshop, handling cataloging and raw conversion before I take images into Photoshop for pixel editing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're a pro photographer, I would recommend the Photo plan. My daughter bought Elements, as she does very little photo work, but every time I try and help her and use it, it drives me nuts, as there are so many things it can't do - especially with editing RAW images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Bridge is still around and the Raw editor in Bridge | Photoshop is the same tool... I would use Photoshop over Elements but Lightroom [two versons] is the correct software.

it sounds like you would do better to get some training before making up your own mind

Laura has some good intro vids if you want to have a look

https://laurashoe.com/2020/01/05/free-webinar-which-should-i-use-lightroom-classic-or-the-cloud-base...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to you all.  I've decided to try to blend Lightroom with Photoshop, have subscribed to Laura's newsletter, and have computer in shop in case my Photoshop problem is system-based. Your mutual advices were all on the mark. I appreciate your talents and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get a free 7-day trial of each to test them out. Be sure to cancel.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines