Exit

while loading photos in to stack photos stop and disappear

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while loading photos stack loading stops and photos disappear 

all photos are raw

whats happening, am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic - new version today; Photoshop new version today and Windows 10 new update today and if you right click on a group of images in LR and edit as layers in PS, it takes you to PS, but onlys shows one image.  I uninstalled new verison of today of PS and installed one version back of PS and all OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joedoepa I have not installed the latesd verson of ps yet after seeing there was quite a few bugs, and win is up to date. 

thank you for the help though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try with a different set of photos, or a smaller subset of your files? Others have reported this type of issue when one of the files has a problem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/load-files-into-stack-not-working/td-p/9149868?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael_J__Hoffman  I have tried with a diffrent set of photos. importing as in the vid. First I tried a set of 20 photos and it completed it fine, after that I tried a set of 30 it worked, Tried a set of 40 worked, a set of 50 failed and disappeared, just to dubble check that 50 is the limit I tried 55 that also failed so... im not sure what to do im going to try the new ps update from today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi THe Box,

Consider if one of the files (let's say #47) is corrupt. Can you work around that one, loading 1-46 and 48-50 into the stack successfully? To to see exactly which file it is failing on, and skip that one. 

If there is a corrupt file between #40 and 50, it doesn't matter how many more you add, because it would crash when it gets to the corrupt file every time.

I have stacked up to around 100 images with the most recent version of PS (before this week's update) and have heard of people stacking over 200, so I know it's not hitting a limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue frequently when making GIFs from frames I extracted. I'll load about 60 png frames into stack, one time it will stack only two frames before stopping, and right after that it will stack all 60 without issue. I recorded an instance of this for reference, but can't figure out a way to upload to this post.

The only bypass I found was to wait 10s on the load layers dialog window before clicking OK to begin the stacking process, although I found this does not work 100% reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines