• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White borders on images cropped from Droplet

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having sizing issues for 5 months. I need to crop large amounts of files to very specific sizes. Lightroom rounds things to incorrect sizes. So I was directed to use droplets. Se the last thread here: forums.adobe.com/thread/2424560

When I create a droplet to crop to one size, 800x533 (client required size) the action works fine. See the image here: https://www.michaelalbany.com/riverloft-package_lockers-02-800x533b/ Click the image to view in light box

But if I drop the exact same image onto the droplet I get white edges to the image. Click here: https://www.michaelalbany.com/riverloft-package_lockers-01-800x533/ Click the image to view in light box to better see the white border. Copies of both images are attached at the end.

I have tried this with the original PSD and an exported TIF to see if that made a difference. It doesn't not. I need spot on crops of hundreds of images and Lightroom rounds, Photoshop is seemingly in capable of consistent and accurate results. I am open to suggestions. I have to size 438 images to deliver to the client on Friday. These images have to be 800x533 and 1920x1121 exactly, with no white edges.

Am I correct that the white edges have something to do with the lens corrections and or cropping that is done in Lightroom edits?

The same image. First was create while making the action that would be used in the droplet that made the second image.

RiverLoft-Package_Lockers-01.jpg

RiverLoft-Package_Lockers-01.jpg

@Rikk Flohr Give this one a shot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make it with crop and actions.

Make an action ( and make a Patch command if you know it. It can apply action to more files with one command ) with a crop command.
Select the crop tool and in its option bar above enter your width, height and resolution.

Then you can apply this action to your images quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omar,

This is an action and it has been added to a Droplet. The problem is that if the images is opened, and the action run, white edges. If i manually crop it, no white edges. Keep in mind that is a droplet is, is a automated Action, the Action is the problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If cropping is not working for you then you may want to try creating a base image in PS which is 800x533 and use actions to copy paste or place images into it, then export a jpg file.

Once written your only interaction would be where to arrange the image for the best crop. You could export after each image or have it copy/paste or place dozens of images to the file then generate jpg files from the layer stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D.A.R.,

The issue is that with what you are suggesting I still have to interact with each file. I am editing in excess of 450 images at a time for each crop size, That means that I will have to arrange the image in excess of 900 times. This is what I am trying to avoid.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines