Highlighted

White color gone from color picker

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden there is no white in my color picker. The white has changed to creamish yellow. So I cannot even see grey. I have trien uninstalling photoshop and then re installing. But it still doesent help. 

vishalp35915641_0-1594551657641.png

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

White color gone from color picker

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden there is no white in my color picker. The white has changed to creamish yellow. So I cannot even see grey. I have trien uninstalling photoshop and then re installing. But it still doesent help. 

vishalp35915641_0-1594551657641.png

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a defective monitor profile.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/my-photoshop-is-yellow-ish-not-white/td-p/11281129?page=1 

Many monitor/laptop manufacturers distribute profiles through Windows Update. Unfortunately, many of them can't seem to get it right, and this is a frequent issue. Dell, Samsung, Acer, Asus and LG are the worst offenders.

The proper way to deal with this is to use a calibrator. The monitor profile is a critical component in the Photoshop ecosystem, and you really need to have full control over it. Without a good profile, Photoshop can't display correctly. A calibrator is the only way.

In the meantime, use sRGB as explained in the link above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
I am currently using Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 and have converted my monitor profile to sRGB but the problem is still not fixed. 

vishalp35915641_0-1594609825494.png

when i used the adobe RGB profile then its this yellow color and as soon as i change it to monitor RGB enhanced it changes to white. 

vishalp35915641_1-1594609909667.png

but when i use that as my profile, and open any files previously made, it shows this : 

vishalp35915641_2-1594609988163.png

How do i rectify it ? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a broken monitor profile. You have not changed your monitor profile at system level. You do this in Windows, not Photoshop.

Change back your Photoshop color settings to where they were! It's not where the problem is, and disabling all color management as you have done now, will quickly get you into very deep trouble.

If you can't remember, click the "North America General Purpose" preset. This reverts to default settings.

Monitor profile and document profile are two very different things. Don't get them mixed up.

Displayprofile_10_3.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display profile issues on Windows

At least once a week on this forum we read about this, or very similar issues of appearance differing between applications.

Unfortunately, with Microsoft hardware: Windows updates, Graphics Card updates and Display manufacturers have a frustratingly growing reputation for installing useless (corrupted) monitor display profiles.

I CAN happen with Macs but with far less likelyhood, it seems.

The issue can affect different applications in different ways, some not at all, some very badly.

The poor monitor display profile issue is hidden by some applications, specifically those that do not use colour management, such as Microsoft Windows "Photos".

Photoshop is correct, it’s the industry standard for viewing images, in my experience it's revealing an issue with the Monitor Display profile rather that causing it. Whatever you do, don't ignore it. As the issue isn’t caused by Photoshop, don’t change your Photoshop ‘color settings’ to try fix it. 

If you want to rule out pretty much the only issue we ever see with Photoshop, you can reset preferences, I never read of a preferences issue causing this problem though:

To reset the preferences in Photoshop: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

To find out if this is the issue, I recommend you to try setting the monitor profile for your own monitor display under “Device” in your Windows ‘color management’ control panel to sRGB. You can ADD sRGB if its not already listed. 

And be sure to check “Use my settings for this device”.

(OR, if you have a wide gamut monitor display (check the spec online) it’s better to try Adobe RGB instead).

Quit and relaunch Photoshop after the control panel change, to ensure the new settings are applied.

NB__colourmanagement_0-1594745179043.jpeg

If this change fixes the issue, it is recommended that you should now calibrate and profile the monitor properly using a calibration sensor like i1display pro, which will create and install it's own custom monitor profile. The software should install it’s profile correctly so there should be no need to manual set the control panel once you are doing this right. 

Depending on the characteristics of your monitor display and your requirements, using sRGB or Adobe RGB here may be good enough - but custom calibration is a superior approach.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 1