• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Dots Appear After Rendering GIF

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a short GIF.  I was using After Effects to create a MOV file and then use that file in Photoshop to make my GIF, I also tried to make my GIF straight out of Photoshop and I ended up with the same result so I am hear for help.  I have 9 images that are nearly identical, a color ad changes within a matching frame for 9 different ads.  The images I have ae high res PSD files. I can convert them to anything needed.  The GIF needed is for a website and needs to be 650px wide.  I was setting the time to 1.5 seconds per ad. I used RGB+Alpha to retain transparency, Output module was Lossless, colors in Photoshop were set to 256.  After rendinging the colors have a comic book halftone type look to them.  I am not sure what setting I am missing. Should I save my orignial 9 images differently?  Thanks!Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.42.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.43.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.43.21 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the result of dithering and diffusion. A GIF uses a color table to represent the contents of the image. When there aren't enough colors to accurately represent the colors present in the image, then there are some tricks like dithering and diffusion to try to represent the variation in color without actually having those colors in the color table. You can also use dithering with noise or a pattern. Noise looks somewhat similar to diffusion, but the pattern setting looks like 1990s art. You can turn off dithering and diffusion, but the end result usually looks better with it.

My guess is that there is a lot of variation in color throughout the image that we don't see in the posted samples. I'd recommend going back to the original image or clip and changing the backgrounds (where you see the dots during export) to a color that is more predominant in the rest of the image or clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you,  I ended up learning a bit more about dithering on my own after posting.  I achived best results I could with a GIF and 256 colors.  I appreciate your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines