• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White haze on 3D sphere

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a sphere in 2021, it adds a strange white edge and haze that I can't get rid of. I don't get this in 2020. I'm not experienced in 3D, so I'm looking for any advice I can get. (Sorry - the third sphere is a different issue.)

bullet hole 2.png

bullet hole.png

  

sphere questions.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

This could be material /lighting settings or it could be one of the bugs introduced when the material system was changed to a Base/Metallic/Roughness workflow which introduced some hard transitions where they should be more subtle. Without seeing the file it is hard to tell. Can you post a link to the PSD and I'll take a look at it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm 

I've tagged our resident 3D expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you cranked up the Fresnel effect. Check the Specular and Reflection settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mylenium. How do I do this? Where do I find these particular settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be material /lighting settings or it could be one of the bugs introduced when the material system was changed to a Base/Metallic/Roughness workflow which introduced some hard transitions where they should be more subtle. Without seeing the file it is hard to tell. Can you post a link to the PSD and I'll take a look at it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my freakin' gosh! Roughness!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - I've just downloaded your file but it does not contain the 3D layer, just a pixel layer with the rendered output on it

davescm_0-1618347612930.png

However from your additional post it sounds like you have it sorted 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's my bad. Ugh! I am so dumb. I went and rasterized the layer without even thinking! I did figure it out, though, so I thank you for your time.

Kindest regards,

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I have encountered a new 3D problem. Yesterday, PS v 22.4.1 was messing up the spheres by chopping them into pieces when I tried to make any materials adjustments. Today, it seems back to normal. Do you have any idea what might cause this, in case I encounter it again? Also, it doesn't show the 3D workspace like it did before. 2020 works tickety-boo, like always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL/CL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in 22.3
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Dave. Good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines