• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White lines after saving in png

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save the image in png white lines appear on this image.

But I sent this image to my friend and he didn’t have these white lines

I have a photoshop cc

At him photoshop cs6

139c3047538676040ebaf84184dcaca3.png

Maybe someone knows how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing the lines only in photoshop or after it is saved in another program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, illustrator also has this white line(I mean if I open this png in illustrator).

If I make a picture in Illustrator and save it in PNG, then I do not have white lines.

I have it only after saving my project to png in photoshop

But if I move the image by 4px to the left and 5px the top (I shift it to the left edge and then up), then after saving there is no this white line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fig_.png

I assume you saved this file as a psd before saving as png.

Look at this area in each of the separate layers in the psd and see whether it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at it that close looks like there was a selection around it and it slightly moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep my project is saved in psd and from psd I try save it in png.

If I open the psd, then I do not see white lines not on one of the layers

White lines appear only after I save the image in png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, we have confirmed that it does not appear in any of the psd layers (per my original suggestion).

Have you converted the file to png more than once and gotten the same result? I assume you have.

Now rotate the psd 180 degrees and save it as a png. Do the lines also rotate or stay in the same file area as the original png.

If the lines rotate along with the image, the problem is in the image file somewhere. If it remains in the same picture area, the problem resides in the png conversion command.

Does this occur with other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I flip the image horizontally, the white lines move to the other side.

dcb0fbb27b888b44fdf97ef3d87ed367.png

Also white lines not only in this image. I made a simple rectangle and saved it in PNG and there also appeared these white stripes

f6463f3600db37eafc7864fdf6556ed2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you first Save the image after flipping it? You should have.

If you get the same results, and new files also have the same problem you may be left with just two to options:

First reset Prefs and test again. If that fails, do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's anty-aliasing?

Maybe your object was cut from background before and it's not perfect done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I created the object myself. Each element is created separately and there are no these white lines on one layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be explained if the file was resized  with layers/masks/selections still present - then flattened and saved out to PNG.

The technical explanation for this is pretty complicated and involves blurring of mask edges in the downsampling, gamma encoding of the mask, and so on.

The bottom line is that you should always flatten first, then resize. Could that be it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the 2 saved images flipped against each other, sometimes this is a display driver issue, since you mention that it's not visible in CS6.  Uncheck this setting in your version of PS CC

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 9.26.15 AM.png

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with a PNG logo that showed no white line in CS6, but did when I uploaded the PNG to a website. Drove me nuts for a while.

Here's what worked for me:

Go to File > Save for Web and Devices...

In the control panel that opens, look at the color table.You'll see a row of tiles representing the colors in your image. If you see a white tile, highlight it and then hit the Trash icon beneath. When you save your image, anything white should be gone.

Annotation 2020-11-17 103437.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is suuuuuper late, but I'm posting this for anyone else who has had the same question.

I just had the same problem, and I found that if your using Adobe Illustrator, and you select your layer, then go to the asset export button (which I have on the sidelines, but you can access it by doing Window>Asset Export). From there, I just chose png as my file type and exported. It looks really clear on a website i did and the white lines are gone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines