• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White space that I can`t delete from a PNG .

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am making a website for a client and he asked me to add a drawing on a page.

I made the draw on Illustrator and the image has something like a white shadow, and because I don`t have experience with Illustrator, I have tried to edit the image with Photoshop.

Now the image has a weird white space that is coming from Illustrator images that I can`t get rid of to make the image a clean PNG.

Tried with all the Eraser tools, Magnetic lasso and so on but still no use, I cant get rid of that white space. What can I do?trei-culori1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Open the png in Photoshop use the magic wand to select the white, delete it and save the document as a png without the white.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the png in Photoshop use the magic wand to select the white, delete it and save the document as a png without the white.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fyi most website software will convert the png into a jpeg by default to save space... which will put the white space back again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What make you write that jpeg files do not support transparence.   Web site use png file all over their site as well as jpeg files.  An  Image hosting site may upload your image to their image viewing area and converts all image files types to Jpeg images.  I would not even think that would be normal. This forum site up loads png  as png files and may display them resized but they are still png and animated gif are still gif files.  Jpeg file stay jpeg files. File sharing sites will not convert your file either their your files not theirs.  Social media sites may have rules and may even reformat your images to their site standards.  I would not use web site for image storage.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he is not making an image hosting site but a website... convert images to jpeg is a very common (default) option with web design software

your post is the correct way to remove white space... I'm just wondering what software he is using to make this site as that could become an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason yesterday couldn't remove white space with any tool, today is working with all. I tried to retrace all my steps but I just don't know what I was doing different.

@Ussnorway it had nothing to do with the website, in Photoshop when I was trying to delete the white space it seemd to work but when I was trying to export the new PNG image the white space was still there for some reason.

Anyway my last yesterday solution was to export the image from Illustrator as a (PNG) file and not as a (PNG-8) file as I was doing it early and so I could finish my task.

Ty vm for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines