• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whites displayed with out-of-gamut highlight

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know how to ask this question. Is anyone else seeing whites displayed with what looks like an out-of-gamut highlight color in places like the layers palette and legacy save-for-web? (See attached screenshot.) This started with the update to Photoshop 21.1.0 a few days ago. Any idea how to turn it off (get the whites back)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you're still using Save for Web instead of the newer replacement File > Export > Export As? Does the same thing happen using Export As?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? That's what you come back with? OK, ignore the Save for Web and look at the Layers panel. As for your question, I'd like to ask one in return. Why do you care?  I have many years of muscle memory, keystroke shortcuts, and familiarity with the legacy solution. I've been a freelance designer since the 80s and I'm all but retired now. Save for Web is one of those things that worked just fine, but Adobe in its infinite wisdom decided to "fix" it. The biggest challenge to professionals is the moving target that is the Adobe UI. Like holding Shift to NOT constrain scaling, when it was the opposite for decades. The list is very long, but you get the point. In any event, I would like to find the answer to what I posted, if anyone can shed light. Meanwhile, workflow habits are not the subject of this topic, and I hope no one feels compelled to continue down that vein.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do I care? You had a problem and I was merely suggesting an alternative as a way to try to help. I was also trying to troubleshoot to see if both ways were doing the same thing. I only asked if there was a reason, because I still come across people don't know about the newer Export As. I didn't think that suggesting another way to use the software would come across as offense. 

To be honest, Save for Web did/does need some fixing. For example the PNG-8 export has always been broken because it doesn't support partial transparency. Why Adobe didn't update Save for Web and choose to replace it with a totally different export is a good question though.

By the way, I totallly agree with you about the holding Shift being a ridiculous change... but that's a completely different topic than your original question 🙂 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, two good reasons are that

• Export doesn't remember settings from one export to another. I have to check "embed profile" and set compression level every time.
  • Export can't be actioned. Which is a particular problem given the above.

Save For Web still works and does everything it's supposed to do, "legacy" or not. If you have an established workflow there shouldn't be any reason to disrupt that.

Rick, you need to show screenshots. I have no idea what the problem is here, it could be a GPU issue, a broken monitor profile, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, D_Fosse. I haven't been a denizen of Adobe user forums much since, well, before iPhone. But I posted a screenshot as an attachment (apparently), and it's there when I return to my original post. Are you not seeing it? (It's a link, not the image itself.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Palm smacks forehead. Finally thought to Shut Down and restart from a dead stop. (And run Cocktail on Pilot mode.) Problem solved. Sorry guys! Should have done that sooner. Ironically, way back with OS 9 and earlier, shutting down or restarting was frequently necessary (if the system wasn't already frozen).  In modern times I leapt to the conclusion that a glitch associated with an app update is actually an intentional change to the way Photoshop works. It was just a glitch. A bizarre glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines