Highlighted

Why am I being charged a cancellation fee for cancelling my Adobe software

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cancelled my Creative Cloud Photography plan after using it for a few months - as I wasn't using it enough to justify the price. After cancelling - I received this notice that I will be charged over $100 USD for cancelling - I am completely outraged!  How does Adobe get away with this?

• The US$101.66 cancellation fee will be charged to your card. Your invoice will post shortly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why am I being charged a cancellation fee for cancelling my Adobe software

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cancelled my Creative Cloud Photography plan after using it for a few months - as I wasn't using it enough to justify the price. After cancelling - I received this notice that I will be charged over $100 USD for cancelling - I am completely outraged!  How does Adobe get away with this?

• The US$101.66 cancellation fee will be charged to your card. Your invoice will post shortly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you should have read the small print when you entered into the contract. Adobe makes it's subscription software available in a number of ways

a) you pay yearly in advance (12 months)

b) you pay monthly and agree to remain a subscriber to the software for a year (12 payments)

c) you pay monthly and are free to cancel at anytime.

Case a) is self explaining. Case c) sounds like case b) except the subscription is far higher. In the case of Photoshop if you subscribe and  wish to cancel at anytime the cost is around $20 per month. You chose case b which committed you to 12 monthly payments in exchange for a lower subscription price of $10/month, when you cancelled early you triggered a penalty clause that requires you to pay 50% of your outstanding subscription for the year.

For example:

If you subscribe to the photographic plan at $10/month you are agreeing to pay Adobe 10x12=$120. Now if you cancel after 4 months you still have 8 months of your contract period to run or 8x10=$80 of payments. The contract requires you to pay 50% of the outstanding contract or $40

How much are you paying per month as a $100 penalty sounds to much for the regular Photographic plan?

If you kept it just 1 month you would have had 11 more payments to make or $110 at $10/month , the penalty for leaving the plan early should have been therefore $55

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• The US$101.66 cancellation fee will be charged to your card.

Are you certain you're cancelling a Photography Plan? As Terri suggests, a $100 cancellation fee is too much for that.

It sounds more like 4 months remaining on a Cloud All Apps Plan. In that case, your cancellation fee would be (4 x $50) / 2 = $100.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was transfer all the money from my card to a different account so they wouldn't be able to rob me of this stupid charge 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

david, did they charge you any late payment fees or chase you up through 3rd party?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I pay for annual subscription with misleading market tactics I should be able to sue adobe. First off it's an annual subscription that means 365 days so it should work exactly the way it says. First for every second I am on the software the count down starts. If I am not on the software then the count does not start. You can not charge me if I do not use the application so corrupt. The 365 count should start when I am using the app only not charging me for nothing. I hate adobe with it's misleading tactics. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user support forum, you are not addressing Adobe on here. If you want to clarify this matter - or sue Adobe - you need to contact Adobe directly, we can't help you with this dispute.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they did the same thing to me. i never use the program and forgot to cancel at the 14day cutoff...now they wanna charge me for a program i dont use. no understanding from their customer service either... another way a multi-billion dollar company steals money from every-day consumers who are struggling to make a living....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Weston,

Here are the subscription and cancellation terms you agreed to when you signed up for your annual plan with Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow you must be proud of taking poor peoples money Karen...real Proud...hope you are a believer in Karma!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was supprised to see a cancellation fee. I found the sign up confusing. I didn't even want Creative Cloud. I do think they make it confusing on purpose. I'll have to be more careful next time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. Everyone here who is saying "Read the fine print" should be saying "Adobe is being deliberately underhanded, and is simply not an honest company".

How about calling on Adobe to not bury major conditions of purchase in the fine print. A conman, a theif or a liar would do that (and then become president). A decent company would not.

If you have an honest great product, your customers will stay. If you have to hide the exit terms to blackmail your customers into staying, you should be ashamed.  

They deliberately make it seem like a friendly, cancel-any-time plan (mine is on an Adobe Stock plan which I only accidently subscribed to when I followed a link to trial it). They should honour the big print, not hide behind the fine print.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines