Why are Adobe apps so dirty on MacOS?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how it looks when you install an app on MacOS:

screen1.jpg

Now this is how it looks when you install an Adobe app on MacOS, for example Photoshop:

screen2.jpg

I mean ... Is all this crap really useful? Can't Adobe integrate it into the app instead of making 2 million independent apps?

In addition, Adobe processes run in the background to do unwanted tasks. Sometimes my internet connection is slow, I look at where it's coming from and see that it's coming from a "Setup" process. I look closer and it's actually an Adobe process, downloading gigabytes and gigabytes of data while taking up my entire connection and preventing me from doing anything.

screen3.jpg

I would like to point that I have NO adobe application running, nor Creative Cloud, and that I did uncheck the option that automatically launches Creative Cloud at startup. But still Adobe runs a lot of processes in the background, downloads gigabytes of data while all my apps are actually up to date. What is it downloading?! How I can prevent Adobe from doing tasks that I don't want ?

TOPICS
Mac, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing Photoshop on the Desktop? 

Why not the Applications Folder? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the applications Folder of course

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an age-old complaint, starting around CS2 or 3 as I remember.

I could sympathize if there was any evidence that it actually impacted performance, but I have never seen that. Lots of people claim it does, but as a convenience blame and never with any supporting evidence. They usually have general system problems (bad video drivers, tablet drivers, third party plugins/extensions etc).

I have all this and more, and it has never bothered me for a second. Any advanced application nowadays will install a bunch of these background processes. I disable from startup those that I obviously don't need, and leave the rest.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines