• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my "New Brushes" Washed Out with less Contrast than Original Image?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tryint to resize some large brushes (4,000 pixels) down to smaller 1,000 pixel size but when I save them using "Define New Brush Preset" the newly saved brush is washed out and has less contrast than the original brush. All the setting for both brushes are the same. The even appear diferent in the brush preset Menu. Any idea what is causing this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots of the Brush Settings Panel for both brushes. 

Did you »Include Tool Settings«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope this helps, ... I just made a new brush, yesterday, and had the same issue - kept getting some soft pastel instead of the bold colour I wanted.

After a few unsuccessful results, I started from the beginning with Reset Brushes; then in the Brush Settings panel (I checked, deselected, and re-selected several of the Settings options there - according to the effect & attributes I wanted); then double-checked my colour-picker and and those settings, too.  

It did work but not until I did all of those steps - but I cannot attribute the correction to one specific thing. 

Good luck with your project!  One of the real Pro's or Techs here will have a better solution to help you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines