• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are we being forced to update Windows to the latest build version to install Photoshop CC V20??

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to install the latest version of Photoshop, however it fails. After going through some troubleshooting with a support person in the Creative Cloud forum, it was determined that I needed to upgrade Windows to a newer build version (Version 1709 or later).  My laptop is on Windows version 1607.

I don't understand why Adobe is forcing us to upgrade Windows to newer Windows build version - we're not even talking about the Windows version, but the build version.  I'm on Windows 10 enterprise and will not be going to the Windows creators version any time soon for stability and security reasons.

So basically my monthly fee to Adobe for the subscription I have is not good any more to get the latest versions of Photoshop, Bridge and ACR.  Am I being unreasonable in my expectations?  Why are we paying for a monthly fee if we get locked out of updates to the app when we are slightly behind on a build version, not Windows version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Please have a look at this article to know about the new features: New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hammedb,

In order to take advantage of the latest operating system features and technologies, Creative Cloud 2019 apps require Windows 10 Creators update (version 1703) or later. Please read here to know more about this: OS support for CC 2019 apps

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific operating system features and technologies are required to make the latest version of Photoshop work?  In the link you have provided above, nothing is mentioned about what specific feature of Photoshop requires the latest build of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have a look at this article to know about the new features: New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you shared above lists the new features of Photoshop, however it does not state anywhere which one of those new features requires which specific update of the Build version of Windows, without which it would not work. 

This is such a canned and vague response................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft had already dropped support for windows 10 versions below 1703 when creative cloud 2019 was released, so adobe is pretty much just supporting the versions that Microsoft supports.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines