• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why aren't the dialogue boxes in Photoshop the same size?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I carry out an action such as sharpen or levels, the dialogue boxes are a different size, and some are so large that they almost fill the screen.   (I have been unable to find a way to adjust the size of the boxes; if there is, please point me in the right direction).   Just as annoying is that they appear in different places in the window.    Even more annoying is that the preview button is in a different place in each box.    It seems to me that different teams were responsible for each function but nobody took an holistic look at the results.   Such a simple thing to co-ordinate and thus provide a level of conformity.

Not earth-shattering and perhaps I am old and miserable; but they could easily make on old man very happy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the frustration you're feeling! First, just to let you know that the dialof boxes are built to accomodate the content. As frustrating as that is, to change them to all be the same sizet would require that all of the boxes be as large as the largest dialog box. That would also be frustrating.

The dialog boxes also have memory. If you move a dialog box to one place on your screen, then the next time you open it, it will show up in that same spot. 

What version of Photoshop are you using? The reason I ask is that if you use Adjustment layers, then all of the Adjustment options show up in the same size panel that pops out--this would solve the size issue, but I am not sure about using them in Actions.

Somehow, I feel that you probably just needed to vent, and my relpy won't necessarily bring you any comfort. But just know, that you are not alone in you ponderings on dialog boxes. 

Just trying to make it a little less miserable.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Michelle

Thank

ls for the reply.

Whilst I am venting, to a degree, I nonetheless think that I have a valid
point.

It is frustrating that I may not change the size of a dialogue box to suit
me; and to have to look in a different place in each box for the preview
button seems crazy and not very well thought out.

I take your point that dialogue boxes are built to accommodate the content;
but would point out that the levels and smart sharpen boxes contain very
similar amounts of data but vary quite a lot in size and shape.

As suggested, I have moved dialogue boxes to the best position for me, but
there is no apparent memory and I have to do the same when processing the
next snap. Perhaps I am missing something here.

I use Photoshop CC 2020. I don't use layers very often but will use the
adjustment brush in Camera Raw

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It now seems that I have 'trained' my dialogue boxes to open in the bottom right hand corner of my monitor screen which is much less frustrating.

Wish I could train the preview button to a standard position.

Long ago, I worked in 'steam' O&M and this is exactly one of the things I would have proposed.

Thanks, anyway

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there have been efforts in the past to standardize some things, like the position of the Ok/cancel buttons, but it seems indeed that more such initatives could be warranted.

I wondered as well, if icons could ne be used instead, like the checkmark to commit, the X to cancel, so that they would take less room and be placed in a more consistent maneer.

You could also search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible and why your workflow suffers from this lack of uniformity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines