• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I create advanced animation in PS 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in the video ther is no option to make an advanced animation timeline only frame animation, I also get a no symbol when I try to converty it to an advanced timeline. It does this no matter what my project settings are.

I cannot figure out why it won't allow me to make an advanced animation, any clues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

I installed the previous version, and it work perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the previous version, and it work perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen shot so we can see what you are using?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what version OP used but I only reverted back to version 22.2 and it fixded the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This immediatly fixed the problem!
Thank you for sharing your fnidings, I was reluctant to try this as photoshop just added support for the M1 chip but I would rather have the functionality back.

I have no idea why this option went away on the newest update and I hope Adobe can fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Advanced Animation an actual tool/feature in Photoshop?  I'm only aware of Frame Animation and Video timelines, but would be interested to learn of alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misremembered the name, probably because it wasnt there haha. 
here is a screenshot of it from an older PS version: 

p1-01-overview-opt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I had a look round in case there was a feature I was not aware of, and found a useful article on animating with the video timeline.

How To Create An Advanced Photoshop Animation — Smashing Magazine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havr you tried resetting photoshop preferences settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and nothing changed unfortunatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for this kebosart. Totally aghast again, that adobe don't even bother saying anything. Spent several days, up until now 16:00 20 March 2021; going through loads of google searches and youtube tutorials trying to find one which makes my 22.3.0 macbook M1 'timeline' work as seen on youtube. Totally impossible, but adobe still takes my monthly payment!!! When they know it does not work. Even adobe's own help pages say totally different things to whats seen on 22.3.0... So do I give up until there is a new release or have adobe binned it I wonder... Needed the updates as my M1 Bridge for example keeps crashing and other things going on... crashes still happening...Adobe money for nothing???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, thank you Trevor.Dennis for that link. Took 30 seconds to find that my Timeline only has Create Frame Animation and does not have 'Create Video Timeline'. Problem, is it me? Or 22.3.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s. reverted back to 22.2 and it (and other things) work there. Only pleasing thing was the simplicity of going backwards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines