• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I download old versions of photoshop?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe autoupdated my version of cc from 2018 to 2020, didn't realise I had autoupdate on as it hadn't updated for 2 years, all of a sudden it updates. I hate the new layout, keybinds and speed of the software. I check older versions that are available for download and they're all variants of the terrible photoshop cc 2020.

Anyone know if it's even possible to legally download photoshop cc 2018 again as I hate using the new versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

You can download the CC2019 version of the software using Creative Cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Adobe supports only the latest two versions of the software, so the versions available would be CC2019 and CC2020. If you absolutely need the 2018 version then use the following link.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Do note that the installer will be downloaded from the Adobe servers and if the links don't work t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the CC2019 version of the software using Creative Cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Adobe supports only the latest two versions of the software, so the versions available would be CC2019 and CC2020. If you absolutely need the 2018 version then use the following link.

Do note that the installer will be downloaded from the Adobe servers and if the links don't work then that means no genuine copy of this version exists, don't fall trap to people on the internet providing a download. Also, Adobe officially does not recommend using this version so if anything goes wrong, if you find any bugs or issues then you are on your own, don't expect updates to this version. 

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're quite right, the desktop app only rolls back to variants 20.0.10

Adobe does this to manage support.

The links Manan Joshi provided below are the way to go.

Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the recommendation for downloading a previous version no longer applies, as I do not see the "previous versions" option when I click the three dots from the Creative Cloud app. Is there a new way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on which machine are you, is it an M1 mac? Is it for Photoshop that you are showing us the dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on an iMac, I don't see previous version option in cc app and can not find any working link.... can anyone help to find photoshop 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peufrate Did you try the link posted by Manan in the correct answer above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but it seems it doesn't recognise my licence asking to buy the software, and after filled all the boxes it shows a System Error... even if i try student trial or any other option there's always a try again later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peufrate The PDT site lists exact steps by steps that need to be closely followed in order to install. Double-check that every step was correctly done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines