• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I drag elements from one project to another?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on variations of a project, and I used to be able to drag layers from one project to another but now I can't. Has there been an update to that, or am I missing something? It's not working the way I used to always do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing in tabs in a consolidated image window and hovering one a tab fails to switch document so you can drop like the other users the have a problem ?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have two tabs open: one with the original project and one new one. When I drag over the elements I want to use in the new project, the new tab won't open when I hover over it. Nothing happens at all. It used to open and let me drop in what I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after the last update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the the Actual  Layer Thumbnail – Select and drag to other Window – Release Mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I always do, but it doesn't work anymore. I went back and tried again exactly as you instructed, but nothing happened. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting 

Tested in Photoshop v21.2.1 and it's Working.

You could try Pref>General>Deleting Preferences on Quit.

Good Day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's a known issue in version 21.2.1, it's not working for me either, Adobe updates = bugs

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/version-21-2-1-drag-duplicate-layer-to-anothe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Glad to know it's not just me, and happy to see they're working on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines