• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I hold down the Undo Key to continuously Undo?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PC/Windows user. Why can't I hold down undo (Ctrl + Z) in Photoshop CC 2020 to continuously undo, instead of going back only one step? In Illustrator I can hold down the undo keys and it will undo until I arrive at the desired state. Is there a way to set this up in Photoshop 2020?

I would rather not have to select a previous state from History.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old versions of  Photoshop, Ctr+z was the shortcut for toggle last state that toggle between the last and current state and if yo need to go backward you can Press Ctrl+Alt+Z  was not like Illustrator.
In PS 2019 & 2020 they just changed the shortcuts defaults to be like Illustrator but you should press one time per step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I am well aware of the recent Undo/Step Backward changes Adobe made. Every other professional art/drawing program I have used you can hold down the undo key for continuous undo. This seems like an extreme design flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Illustrator is a vector-based software that has not more information data like pixel based softwares like Photoshop.
So it is easy in Ai but in Ps it need good performance to be easy to apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines