• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I select just one layer/object to move?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new iMac and dl'd the latest Photoshop CC.  Now I can't select a layer and then move what is on that layer. If i click on some other object by accident, it moves that object instead of the layer I selected. Command + click works but only if I carefully click on the object I want to select. I can't click outside of the canvas to drag something anymore either. If I click and drag across the canvas, it selects multiple layers and then moves those layers. I want to be able to command + click on object and move it as well as selecting a layer and moving just that layer. Already reset my workspace so that doesn't appear to be the issue. Also don't like that the default for transform is already constrained -- I automatically press shift and have to keep going back.

What is going on?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Hi Laurenk,

Could you please make sure that Auto Select is unchecked when you have the move tool selected?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurenk,

Could you please make sure that Auto Select is unchecked when you have the move tool selected?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sahil.Chawla  wrote

We posted with the same time slot, but I think you were a hair faster, Sahil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauren,

Turn off Auto-Select in the options bar. It’s been there for a while, but it’s new that it’s on by default.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines