• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Can't Photoshop Handle Presets?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever Photoshop has an issue a black box or outline appears around the splash screen. The software worked fine yesterday (v 22.4), but today it was extremely slow. The black box appeared around the splash screen. I updated to the newest version 22.4.1, but it remained slow. I went back to an older version, but it remained slow. I went online and saw that presets could cause Photoshop to load slowly. I removed Photoshop and re-installed v 22.4.1 without keeping preferences. Now it's loading better, but with the same presets it worked fine yesterday. My question is, why does photoshop allow presets when eventually and randomly the software runs slowly with them? The presets made my work so much easier and quicker. And, again, the software ran fine with the same presets using version 22.4 until today.

photoshop black border.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes when Photoshop acts weird try with reference reset https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Presets can slow down Photoshop only if you have too many and too "heavy" presets because Photoshop must load all of them what may fill memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines