why could i not access photoshop during an internet outage?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the summer of 2020, when my employer owned the creative suite license on my mac, i lost internet for a full week, yet was able to use all creatve suite apps, including photoshop, during this time.  about a month ago, now with my employer retired and my own annual license purchased for at least 1 month, i lost internet for six hours and couldn't access photoshop AT ALL until i restored internet connection temporarily using my iphone as a hotspot...can anyone tell me how i can avoid that in the future, because that was very inconvenient, and it seems my internet carrier likes to do all its upgrades during my early morning work hours, taking me offline for a few hours at least once a month 😞

TOPICS
Mac

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you just were disconnected at the end of your offline grace period. As per the documentation, once the license is checked, you get a 30 to 90 days grace period to work offline. See the following article for details

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

-Manan 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for leading me to that documentation.  the only thing i'll say about that, though, is it mentions a dialog box and i received no dialog box allowing me to dismiss login for the 30 days, i just couldn't connect at all.  AND i have the annual membership, so i should have at least been able to dismiss for a while.  it was like i had no option at all 😞

maybe i'll disconnect my wifi and see what happens now while i'm not under the gun 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines