• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did Perspective Warp suddenly start cropping out the image? I am NOT using "perspective crop"

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a digital mock-up of my house so I can pre-layout picture frames I want to hang. I've been using perspective warp on literally over 30 images of walls and frames taken on my phone to straighten them. It's been going swimmingly, no problems. Suddenly, when I click "warp", photoshop automatically started cropping the image to the frame. I'm using Edit>Perspective warp. I drag the corner pins to align my landmark edges, change the mode to "warp," and before I've even moved anything, the image has been cropped to an area around the box. I'm still able to drag my warp corners around before I finalize the warp. Any ideas how this got changed? How do I fix it? I'm on Windows, using Photoshop 21.0.3.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried and can't replicate that in 21.2.4 or 22.0.1

Have you done any troubleshooting so far, e.g. resetting preferences?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing the same thing to me. Three of the four corner points are fine, but it crops the image to the original frame in the lower left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening here too. Copy in Illustrator > pasting as a smart object in Photoshop > perspective warp > weird crop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got around it somehow. I had another smart object warped in the document I'm working on which I suspect was causing the glitch.

What I changed: Illustrator: make the artboard of the smart object huge + save > Photoshop: Prior to warping: Scale and rotate smart object as close to the intended shape as possible. + Change the layer stacking order so the smart object I want to warp is on top of the other warped smart object. > Perspective warp. No crop!

I'm not sure if all those steps are necessary, but it seems to me like there is data from the other smart object bugging out. I have work to do, but just thought I would reply with a potential fix.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few days later... same project. Different side of vehicle I'm working on. Same issue... Same fix.

Deleted the clipping warped object. Expanded the artboard in Illustrator and centered the object - I feel like this step is superstition but I'd rather use the extra time right now to leave this comment...

Pasted the illustrator graphic in as a smart object. Moved it close to the area I needed it warped to. Scaled it down a little. Rotated it so it was close to the space it needed to occupy. Then perspective warp worked as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines