• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do some brushes copy the settings from the previous selected brush?

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Why do some brushes copy the settings from the previous selected brush?

example: If brush 1 and brush 2 have  different settings; brush mode, opacity, and flow. 

When I select brush 1 then select brush 3, brush 3 will adapt the setting from brush 1. 

Consistenly, when I select brush 2 then, select brush 3, brush 3 will update and copy the setting                       from brush 2. 

What is this behavior and how can you turn it off? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has been able to record additional preset information for several version updates.  If you click on the little cog icon and turn on the options I have outlined, you can see what tool presets are asociated with.  It is still possible to select a preset  without it changing tools by holding down the Ctrl (Cmd) key when clicking on them.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines