Highlighted

Why does a flat color fill show many different colors using the eyedropper?

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I sample different areas of a flat fill color I used, it shows many small differences depending where I sample. I picked one of the colors and used it in a different file where I also wanted a flat fill for the background, this time I used a solid color fill layer. So far, so good, that one didn't change colors in different areas. But after I converted the whole image to CMYK and merged layers, it again is showing different colors. I can't discern the differences on the screen, and I guess I'm going to have to settle, but am wondering how to get a flat fill and why it's so hard. Using a Mac, Catalina 10.15.7.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does a flat color fill show many different colors using the eyedropper?

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I sample different areas of a flat fill color I used, it shows many small differences depending where I sample. I picked one of the colors and used it in a different file where I also wanted a flat fill for the background, this time I used a solid color fill layer. So far, so good, that one didn't change colors in different areas. But after I converted the whole image to CMYK and merged layers, it again is showing different colors. I can't discern the differences on the screen, and I guess I'm going to have to settle, but am wondering how to get a flat fill and why it's so hard. Using a Mac, Catalina 10.15.7.

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise/grain vs. eyedropper sample size can make it jump. Note that jpeg compression can shift color values slightly.

But in the big picture, numbers are color space specific. The same color yields different numbers in different color spaces, like for instance sRGB vs Adobe RGB, or US Web Coated (SWOP) vs ISO Coated (ECI). A profile conversion recalculates all the numbers to maintain the same color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0