• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Photoshop shut down without allowing me to cancel, giving me only options to save or not??

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to to the full Creative Cloud and Photoshop 2021 last month, every so often Photoshop will suddenly start to shut down and bring up dialog boxes for all my open files, and ask me if I want to save the changes or not, but there will be no "Cancel" button, plus no option to Save As. I suspect this is because it's logging me out of CC and needs me to log back in. If it's just to log me back in, is there a way I can disable this, or at least have Photoshop ask me to log back in without closing my file? Or is it a setting in the CC manager? Or is it closing my files without the option to cancel for another reason?  Sometimes it happens in the process of my doing experimental design and illustration explorations, so I might not want to save over my original file, but because it doesn't give me the option to cancel the shut down nor save as a new file name, I have to commit to all those experiments or lose them all. It's really annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me after I joined my company's Creative Cloud team. I wonder if you are part of a team too? They had just given me the option to join the team or have my own personal version so I joined the team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop should never do this (suddenly start to shut down). I doubt it has anything to do with CC.

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines