Why does PNG not display as transparent?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move a png file on top of a jpg file it still seems to display its checkerboard background. I have double-checked that it is a proper png file by re-exporting with transparency checked. But still no dice. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Example below. Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.13.33.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why does PNG not display as transparent?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move a png file on top of a jpg file it still seems to display its checkerboard background. I have double-checked that it is a proper png file by re-exporting with transparency checked. But still no dice. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Example below. Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.13.33.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the png. 

Please post a meaningful screenshot that includes the pertinent UI elements (Options Bar, Toolbar, Layers Panel, Channels Panel, …), 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0