• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does PNG not display as transparent?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move a png file on top of a jpg file it still seems to display its checkerboard background. I have double-checked that it is a proper png file by re-exporting with transparency checked. But still no dice. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Example below. Thanks.Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.37.19.pngScreenshot 2020-12-03 at 14.38.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a meaningful screenshot including the pertinent Panels (Layers for example) of the file you used to create the png. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thunbnail in the export dialog seems to feature two different sizes of checkered background patterns so I suspect there is a Layer with the Pattern within the file. 

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 15.46.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Can you open the PNG, and see if it is not a checkerboard pattern, instead of 'real' transparency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines