• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why have my patterns disappeared??

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I had many patterns that I made. Two days ago they disappeared. When I open a file that used one of them that specific pattern is still there, but everything else gone. I am affraid to alter that pattern overlay for fear of it dissappering as well, and my image being altered.

I had been messing around with cloud settings the other day. i was having such terrible internet while photoshopping, i paused my cloud sync.

My patterns are not in the pattern window, are they gone forever???

😞

PLease help, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

You can export patterns to any directory you choose by opening the patterns panel (Window > Patterns), clicking at the top right of that panel and, in the drop down menu, choosing "Export Selected Patterns"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem 😞 Did you find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same problem twice, all my custom patterns just vanished!

Any answers??
Hello Adobe.... anyone out there?

I'm not talking about "default" patterns, I'm talking aboutpatterns that took hours to design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing just happened to me tonight - Photoshop 2021 crashed while I was working and when I restarted it, all evidence I'd used the program in the last week was gone: the "recent files" most recent item was from 8 days ago, all the brushes and patterns I'd created today are gone. It's going to take me at least a half day of work to rebuild my patterns, redo the work already done with them so the rest of my project will all be consistent, and get back to where I was when the crash happened. To say I'm upset is a huge understatement! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, and no support. Who monitors "Adobe Support Community
I'm saving my patterns elswhere now, but I'd still like my vanishing patterns back.
Pretty pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I recreated the same pattern 3 times, now I'm just saving them in the cloud. Crazy they keep being deleted and all we hear is crickets from adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is ALWAYS a good idea to back up your hard work in a different place than within the adobe program, like an external drive, for instance. Just make a folder called patterns, you can load them to Photoshop anytime you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue. I do, from time to time back up my brushes and patterns unfortunately, I haven't lately. Sadly, all my custom patterns suddenly disappeared. I wasn't in the middle of an update-- they just disappeared. Adobe people: what is the problem and how do we avoid this in the future? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! When I try to save my pattern as a 'pattern preset' from the Pattern menu it says the pattern is not available even though I can see it in the drop down and I have defined it as a pattern. I cant understand how to actually save my patterns to the pattern folder to back them up. I have lost all of my patterns several times now. I mostly create them in AI and then open up in PS and define as a pattern. Help please Adobe, I cant find the answers I need to stop this happening again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export patterns to any directory you choose by opening the patterns panel (Window > Patterns), clicking at the top right of that panel and, in the drop down menu, choosing "Export Selected Patterns"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that's the issue, Dave. I think what people are complaining about - and I am in the same boat - is that all the custom patterns disappeared...( If there are no patterns in the folder, there's nothign to "export"....!)  This just happened to me.  One morning, all my custom patterns disappeared...!  Guess the Adobe bandits broke into my house last night while I was sleeping and stole them...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garymak I understand that. My answer was to the post above mine where the poster said they did not know how to save their patterns.

All custom patterns, shapes, actions and brushes are subject to being lost if the application crashes, is reset, or an update does not bring the old across. That is why they should always be saved separately and why the save function is there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you all are wrong for doing this to us adobe users. along with adobe hogging our resources on our computers, exesive hard drive space and ram. its rediculous. i honestly hate adobe products but like the rest of us i am forced to use them because they monopolized the industry and no one else has these tools to offer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marcseven 'you all are wrong for doing this to us adobe users'

For doing what? The OP was about a user losing some customer patterns that they had not saved. Custom made, patterns, brushes, actions etc should always be exported and saved. Without doing so they could be lost after a crash or re-install.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone figured out how to save them where they do not disappear, some of mine have saved after about 5 times of trying to save them, I think I have it all worked out and then the new ones start disappearing again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines