• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Image Processor Pro not built into Photoshop?

Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time PS upgrades, or there is an OS upgrade I worry that IPP may not be supported. The developers whomever they are, have produced the single most important PS utility. So dear Adobe please give them whatever they want or need and include IPP in the next release.... please.

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You may suggest this idea here: Photoshop Family Customer Community as this forum is monitored by our developers and engineers.
They might look into implementing it in future releases.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the Author does not work for Adobe. X is a Adobe Photoshop user like you and I. You would need to build a business case for Adobe that that would add to their bottom line. So Far IPP cost Adobe nothing and anyone that want to use it can install it for free.

Some od X's hare work is in Phoroshop

//

// ContactSheetII

//

// Copyright: (c)2011. Adobe Systems, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

//

// Adobe legal gives me the privelege of removing x b y t o r @ g m a i l . c o m

// as the author. Thanks for all the hard work x!!!

//

//

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted this in the feedback area in the past, why it didn't get any traction is beyond me.

Well, wherever the developer is... thank you for all of the many files that IPP has processed. When I think of PS there is no other feature that I find more important.

If anyone isn't familiar it can still be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what X wroted in 2016.  To me it reads like X has stopped development of IPP.  Adobe does not always maintain Photoshop so it backwards compatible So hang on to old versions of Photoshop that IPP works in. An Adobe Photoshop change maye break Photoshop scripts that currently work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines