• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Colorize Neural Filter so slow ?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to dabble with the Colorize Neural Filter in PS2021 but I'm finding it painfully slow as in it takes 3-5 minutes to make changes to an A4 JPG RGB image. All the online tutorials are near instant so figure I'm getting something wrong here !

I have reasonably fast Windows 10 PC, lots of RAM, decent graphics card and 200Mbs broadband speed.

Any help appreciated !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could simply be the complexity of the image and/ or the server-side AI not yet having enough samples in its database to arrive faster at a solution. If no solution exists, those algorithms can chew through millions of iterations before arriving at a result. Other than that of course these could simply be the usual hardware-acceleration issues that seem to be a major disaster in 2020, so perhaps spend some time on checking your graphics hardwar, updating drivers and al lthat good stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online tutorials are using a much smaller image. A4 isn't that huge in file size matters, but when running a complex (beta) feature like this - it could take some time. I tested on a similar sized image and it took a little over 3:20 to show results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks ...... its not just me then !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem, I think I've narrowed it down to the CPU not supporting AVX2 instruction set, which was released with Intel Core 4000-series (Haswell) CPUs. I only have a Core 2000-series (Sandy Bridge), which I noticed you have as well. I've tested this on other systems with higher than Core 4000 series parts, and it works almost instantaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines