Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my eraser being slow?

Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Photoshop on a Wacom Cintiq 22HD, and I'm having issues with the eraser tool being sluggish and lagging.

No other tool is having an issue.

It appears to be a photoshop problem rather than a problem with my Cintiq, because when I drag it onto my desktop screen screen and use the mouse instead of my Wacom pen, I still have the problem.

My Photoshop CC is up to date, my Wacom driver is up to date, my Mac is up to date, I'm so confused. Why would one tool be slow and others not?? I have to press super hard with my pen to get the eraser to work, and even when it does it lags.

Any ideas of how to fix this?
Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Hi Phoebew65019134,

I have a same issue with you, But after is adjust the "smothing" setting to 0, its not slow anymore.ps issue.JPG

hope this helps

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for general trouble-shooting and about Photoshop-performance so far?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

What are the Tool’s settings?

Please post a screenshot including Options Bar, Brush Settings Panel etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phoebew65019134,

I have a same issue with you, But after is adjust the "smothing" setting to 0, its not slow anymore.ps issue.JPG

hope this helps

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're*
you're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my eraser tool doesn’t have smoothing on at all but it’s still laggy and I have no other applications open on my computer do you have any other tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try resetting the eraser tool, cause i had the similar issue and it was with just eraser... resetting helped my problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All this time I thought it was my computer not being good enough. Thank you! This helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smoothing turned down worked!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I legit screamed! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUU!!!! I have had this problem for a while now, thank youuuuu!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this! I have a huion tablet and it had a horrible habit of drawing or erasing a line from where the pen was last to where the pen is next – very irritating – and your tip got rid of that problem and the lagging in one! I am so grateful. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Smoothing always  off. So far I see only one solution - to stop using it at all... Is the any other options? Eraser works just fine in 2020 version, but there I have problem with a bold dot on the begining of strokes and pressure issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you and then take that thank you cut it in half and triple it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines