• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my eye dropper tool not selecting the true color?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm selecting a color to sample from (in the sample - the blue from the mouse), it's not pulling a true color, it's always muted. I can't figure out what setting or issue is causing this?

It's been doing this for months but it doesn't always do it which is even more confusing. It will pull a true sample on one project and then it won't the next. Today I'm trying to pull the blue of the mouse but as you can see it's bringing back a much lighter swatch.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? TYIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Okay, thank you! I also realized I wasn't using Point Sample and somehow it had gotten switched to an average sample. That cleared it up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because the little circle in the square box is not placed at the top right of the box! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top right corner you see the full color. To the left it is mixed with white and to the bottom it is mixed with black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thank you! I also realized I wasn't using Point Sample and somehow it had gotten switched to an average sample. That cleared it up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines