• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is photoshop 2020 slower then photoshop 2019?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone give me any ideas as to why the current up-to-date PS 2020 is so much slower and prone to lags and freezes when compared to PS 2019? I have both versions installed. I keep trying the 2020 version and it is sluggish and freezes several times a day and slow to respond. But if I open the same files in the 2019 version everything is smoother and quicker and no freezes?

Optimization settings are the same for both versions

I am on a Mac Pro 5.1 running Mojave with 32gb ram and a Radeon RX 580 gpu

Any ideas or feedback would be great, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the Genereal tab in Photoshop preferences.

If that doesn't help, return for more suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion of "Try resetting your Photoshop preferences". In fact I deleted and then reinstalled the latest version and then reset all the preferences to default and then went through process, from scratch, of setting preferences how I like them. Since then PS 2020 has been running smoother - so far - still early days - hopefully it contuinues. Thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines