• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is print pixelated?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my PC to one with faster processors, more RAM and a better graphics card. When I changed, I logged out of PhotoShop CC and logged in and in the process downloading the newest version. I printed a high resolution image that previously printed beautifully and it’s horrible...what had previously been beautifully rendered colors is now pixelated (aside from the fact the colors and contrast shifted). The printer is the same...an Epson Surecolor P800 and the image on the screen looked beautiful. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be and how to fix it? I have attached an image illustrating my problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the actual specs of the file? Dimensions and Resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.33 MB, 17" x 22" @ 300dpi

The images I posted were a section of the actual prints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that image was resized to 17"x22" 300 DPI image  from a small images  the resizing interpolation most like is the source of the of the image soft pixelated appearance.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t exactly look pixelated, in that it doesn’t look like it lost spatial resolution. It does look posterized, as if the colors and tones are not being represented correctly.

However, printing does involve a lot of variables, and if just one is off, that could ruin the print. Two computers should create the same quality print with the same software if the new computer:

• Has the correct, up-to-date driver software installed for the printer, in your case the Epson driver for the SureColor P800.
  • Has the same Epson printer driver settings that were used on the other computer, including but not limited to the same color management settings, and the same Media Type setting.
  • Has the same Photoshop Print dialog box settings that were used on the other computer, including but not limited to the same color management settings. If Photoshop Manages Colors is selected, then the appropriate color profile for the paper and ink must be selected.

Any deviation or forgotten setting can result in a very different looking print. When setting up a new computer where everything is freshly installed, it’s easy to forget a buried option that was set a certain way on the old computer and hasn’t been changed in a long time. On the new computer, it’s worth double-checking all the print settings in all the subpanels and submenus to see if a setting is set to some default that you need to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, posterization would be a better description. I thought that I had all
of the settings the same...it is one of the things I did to troubleshoot.
While I did not write down the settings before I switched machines, I'm
pretty sure I have them the same. If you can suggest any settings to alter
I can experiment and see if I get a better result. I've attached the
printing info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines