Why is the Photoshop 2020 App Icon Shape Different?

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering why Photoshop 2020 is the oddball with a different app icon/shape design than the rest of the 2020 apps?Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.35.32 PM.png

Hi There,

The rounded corners actually have a meaning- they mean the app works across multiple devices and the cloud.

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Illustrator and InDesign can be used on multiple devices (Mac and PC) and use cloud features. You probably mean mobile devices.

I conceptually understand, but as a designer this annoys me every time I look at it. The icons don't feel integrated, and the icon differentiation does not explain why they are different, so for most people the reason is lost and it looks like a mistake. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to remove the apps from dock because the inconsistency makes me get a rash. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wel, the update of today finally solved all icon-inconsistencies. Let alone the apps which werent updated as of now:-)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if they finally put back the old decent Photoshop icon. The rounded icons are assiciated with unusefull apps in my mind. Will install update now and see 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can watch my Dock's icons with peace now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines