• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the text in the layers panel is not matching the text I enter on the canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using an Adobe photoshop template to design a website. The text layers are all labeled headline, body, quote, etc. Whenever I use one of these layers and replace the text in the canvas, the layer in the layers panel does not update to match what's on the canvas. It shows the original text.

For example: if the layer in the panel shows "Headline", and I enter "Save now!", the layer in the layer panel still displays as "Headline".

Anyone know if this is a bug or if it's a preference I can turn off?

I'm using the latest version of PSD.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020
Photoshop has such a feature.
If you have created a text layer, then its name automatically changes along with the change in the text.
If you've manually changed the name of a layer at least once in the Layers panel, photoshop will no longer "sync" the layer name and text content.
To resume this behavior, you need to manually create a new text layer with the same parameters as the old layer and enter the old text manually or by script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Which template are you referring to? That would be helpful for us to try to troubleshoot.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Photoshop has such a feature.
If you have created a text layer, then its name automatically changes along with the change in the text.
If you've manually changed the name of a layer at least once in the Layers panel, photoshop will no longer "sync" the layer name and text content.
To resume this behavior, you need to manually create a new text layer with the same parameters as the old layer and enter the old text manually or by script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines