• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Isn't My "Create Frame Animation" Pulldown Working Or The Button Appearing?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to animate a simple blinking neon light for a gif. I am using Photoshop CC 2019. When you bring up the Timeline and hit the "Create Frame Animation" in the pulldown menu it is suppose to make an initial frame and you animate from there. I have been hitting the create frame animation and no frame is created in the timeline and no "create frame" button appears under it. There is no background layer. I have converted all layers to RGB and used the recommended size, pixel depth and pixel shape. I have made sure the image was up before I created the timeline. Still no frame or button. I have scoured the internet and YouTube for help but nobody seems to have encountered this. Any advice would surely be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Here are the steps:

You must have an open document and open the timeline and use the button pull down menu  and select frame animation to change the button from a create video timeline button to a create frame animation button.

Once you have the frame animation button you need to click on that button to create the frame animation. The first frame will be added  during the process of creating the frame animation.

You can then add additional Frames. A Frames content is the composite of the visible la

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps:

You must have an open document and open the timeline and use the button pull down menu  and select frame animation to change the button from a create video timeline button to a create frame animation button.

Once you have the frame animation button you need to click on that button to create the frame animation. The first frame will be added  during the process of creating the frame animation.

You can then add additional Frames. A Frames content is the composite of the visible layers in the layers palette whet the frame is targeted in the frame animation panel.

You can also move the location of the contents of layers in the targeted frame the location is stored in the frame animation.

Also you can target two adjacent frames  in the frame animation panel and use the frame animation's Panel fly-out menu to use the tween item to have Photoshop generate additional frames between the two frames.

Once you have the frame animation you want use menu File>export>Save foe Web to save out out your animated gif.

Capture.jpg

Frame-animation.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Ten or so tutorials and you are the first person to mention you had to click on the "Create Frame" drop down button to start things off. Dumb error on my part. You have been a big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I just realised that too.. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines