• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY was Sync Settings Removed in CC 2015.1

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync Settings has been removed in Photoshop CC 2015.1. The existing service in Photoshop CC and CC 2014 will become unavailable in the near future. To migrate your presets/settings from an earlier version of Photoshop CC to this release, see Migrate settings. (New features summary: Photoshop CC 2015 release)

Why in the world would you remove this feature from Photoshop and other apps? Part of the point of having things in the cloud is that one could quickly and easily sync their workspace across multiple workstations e.g., home and office computers. Am I now supposed to do this manually? Why remove a feature that so many used to make their workflow more efficient, faster, and easier? Do you have something in the works to replace it or are we just supposed to take a big step backwards. I would like a real answer... NOT links to how to migrate on one computer nor would I like links to your articles and help pages that contain typos and other errors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

arifkuyucu wrote:

question time: Dec 3, 2015 9:38 AM

today time: March 9, 2016 16:26 AM

No response, no explanation is more than 90 days!

An Adobe Photoshop UI Engineer responded on the thread that Gene posted above... Here is his reply:

4 months ago

David Tristram, Employee

Hi Everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear how frustrated and unhappy you are over the removal of Sync Settings. I agree it's a great feature that is very useful for some of you. I also regret that no one from Adobe has followed up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is breaking core functionality, at the bare minimum please provide a tool to export ALL CC settings across all apps, hell even a way to export all settings in a single app i.e. Photoshop would be great. Having to separately export actions, presets, settings, etc isn't a solution and makes system administration a nightmare. 

Like many other professional class programs, there should be a interface that let's you select which settings you want to export and then the same when importing on a different computer.  Keep it to a single interface though for ideally all CC apps, but still give users the ability to check or un check which things get rolled into the 'settings export' and then which get imported.  Simply unacceptable and very antithetical to the supposed features of a cloud based app - if the cloud part doesn't work, make it so you can roll it to a file on your computer send to another computer.

Take a look at how SolidWorks handles settings export and import - a decent reference point.  Also allows users to take a snapshot ot their settings and then play around and restore if you don't like something you've changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the community forum, mostly manned by volunteers who don't work for Adobe.

Here is a link to add feature requests that you want to make sure Adobe sees:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are good suggestions. To add on to what Barb recommended, here is the page that's the entry point for feature requests & bug reports for all Adobe products:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn!  I actually never used this feature properly but had planned to. (Can't believe I've only actually now noticed its gone!)  Problem for me was I never spent the time really setting things up exactly how I liked, so when it did sync it usually pulled down a mess of an interface (but familiar) after a reformat.

CC Libraries are more of a hindrance imo and should have been the feature that was dropped.  Content is easier to manage backup and sync yourself than settings of the program itself.  Just another way for Adobe to push their storage plans I guess

Since Adobe finally allowed brushes to be managed properly (but still nothing for the rest of the options - such as custom shapes) I've been looking to set things up a little better now from scratch.  (Had a reformat yesterday for the fall creators update + CC 2018).

One workaround I'm looking into now is using Goodsync to sync the PS settings into my Creative Cloud folder. Will see how that pans out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've managed to set this up pretty well with GoodSync (only workspaces at the moment).  Have set to sync rather than backup to my Creative Cloud folder, that way can make adjustments on more than one pc and simply sync back to Photoshop.  It has an automode that will run when the file changes and also a ton of settings for syncing at shutdown, periodically etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad thing here is that Adobe couldn't care less what users want, they have a total monopoly, there is no competition, so they can please themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say, it's Q4, 2019, and this useful feature that was removed was never reimplemented, and I could care less about CC libraries. The only thing I actually want synced is my workspaces, think you could spend some of that monopoly money you're hoarding on a couple of your engis to figure this out? It's literally been 1414 days since this thead was started, what was your excuse adobe execs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's ridiculous that in 2020, there's still no Sync Settings feature for Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign! Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines