• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY WOULD ADOBE GET RID OF OLDER VERSIONS OF PHOTOSHOP? SUCH AS PHOTOSHOP 2014?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad. I edit my photos using the AUTO algorithems in camera raw and without an xmp file saved, I now can no longer replicate an image made from say 2016. This is extremely problematic. Especially if I've had prints made in the past and need to replicate them now. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if the new AUTO algorithm were at least better than the old, but they are objectively not. If I edit a raw image using auto adjustments in camera raw in the latest version of photoshop compared to an image from 2014 edited the same way, the results are drastically different and the older image is objectively a better image because the older AUTO algorithem was better. please help this is so unfortunate. 

Heres a link to when i brought it up before on the forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/camera-raw-version-8-8/td-p/10100837

but we never found a solution. 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not get rid of CC 2014.  Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop will not longer Install it, but you can if you downloaded the CC 2014 offline installer.  You would still have CC 2014 if when you installed newer version you did not have the installer remove older versions of Photoshop.  I did not let installer remove Old version so I still have CC 2014 Installer.  I Also have CC 2018, CC 2019 and PS 2020 installed and the latest ACR.   So even If I start CC 2014  If I open a RAW file it will be converted by the Latest ACR version 12.3 which is not the version of ACR you used in CC 2014.  So even if you had CC 2014 installed you may not be able to convert you RAW file like in the past because ACR UI and Process have changed.

If you want to install CC 2014 you can download the installer and install it. Adobe CC 2014 direct download links

Some old ACR arecamera-raw-plug-in-installer  avaiable

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack

Them links don't work any longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look like the ACR ones work but the CC ones have been not  changed to Adobe site.  I happy I downloaded for backup when I did.

It also look like Adode is not providing driect download of the current Photoshop version installer.  Adobe user support is not what one would expect from a large company like Adobe.  All up date these days contain new bugs.  You need old version of Photoshop to be able work around the new bugs. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have mac OS Catalina 10.15, then photoshop CC 2014 will not work, since CC 2014 uses some 32 bit components that will not work on Catalina, which only runs 64 bit applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Mac is moving away from Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution, but the answer to why is money. Adobe makes more using their subscription model, even if it isn't the best solution for a particular customer. I have replaced every Adobe product except Photoshop with something else so that I can work when I need to. I live where there are frequent power outages and on those days Adobe can't verify I paid for what I have and I can't launch their apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, but CC 2014 would not work (and neither would a more recent version) without paying the subscription, so there is not so much logic in the greed angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes no greed angle so why does Adobe abuse their paying subscription user so. Releasing bug after bug then give Photoshop a new version  number and remove user working version of Photoshop.  Adobe need a major overhaul of their development process.   Their user deserve a better experience than what they currently get from Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution is 1. don't use Auto adjustments if they are going to be critical and 2. save your XMP or render out to a PSD or TIFF if you need to preserve adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines