• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will AMD Ryzen Vega 7 be fine to run Photoshop? Ryzen 4000 series CPU.

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking to by a newlnew for Photoshop work with integratwd card only. It's new AMD 4000 series chip. Ryzen 4800h to be precise. I could not find anything  if Photoshop supports AMD Ryzen Vega 7. I would also be more than happy to hear if anyone alteady uses 4000 series chip on their laptop.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tomas

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have dedicated VRAM (as opposed to sharing system RAM)? Without dedicated VRAM certain functions will be disabled.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave! As far as I know it does not have any eDRAM like for instance Intel Iris or HD  have.  Back in the days I had MacBoook 2015 15" Retina Pro with Intel Iris Pro and it was running  Photoshop fine. 

Would tell me what functiosn would be disabled? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without dedicated VRAM, 3D functions will be disabled as would any functions that rely on the 3D engine (such as Lighting effects).

Unfortunately, I cannot test what else might not work, as my system does have 11GB dedicated VRAM. Hopefully someone with that chip may be able to give you their experience.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very valuable advice for I sometimes use 3D tools in photoshop.

You have monster Graphic card!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You have monster Graphic card!"

To be clear though, that card (NVidia RTX2080ti) is way beyond what is required for Photoshop. I installed it for use with Blender 3D 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha 🙂 You must be flying through blender. I have 2060 Super only though.  For the big scenes I have to disable some assets and think throughout how to keep it uncluttered ( also using my PC for Blender) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a laptop with a Intel i5 CPU and an intergrated HD 620 GPU which is not as good as the Ryzen 4800h

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i5_7200u-653-vs-amd_ryzen_7_4800h-1146

Photoshop 2020 works fine for me with all features working as expected including 3D, although I'm still on version 21.1.3 on that laptop as Adobe have made changes relating to GPU's in versions 21.2/21.2.1 where some old and not so old GPU's are not been detected.

Having said that you would be better off getting a laptop with a dedicated GPU if possible with a minimum 2GB GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That's intresting. HD 620 GPU has no eDRAM either and you succesfully using it. it seems VEGA 7 is doing a greater job in comparison to HD 620 GPU. 

Well my main priority is mobility and decent battery time. I am curently eyeing at one laptop that has no descrete card but superb CPU 4800h and the battery size 91mah. As long as I ca nrun Photosop CC 2020 whn I am away fro my workstation I am fine. By the way laptop is Schenker VIA 15 Pro.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you end up buying the laptop with the integrated Vega graphics? If yes, how is it handling Photoshop CC 2020? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

I didn't as there there was virtually no response. Ended up bying Lenove Legion i5 wit hRTX 2060. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines