• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Creative Suite 5.5 be compatible with newer Mac laptops?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there and thank you in advance for any help you can offer. So, my old Macbook Pro is going to need replacing very soon. I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 (Design Standard, Mac OS) years ago, but plan to deactivate it on my old laptop and (hopefully) install it on a new one - I still have the installation discs, serial number...etc. My problem is, I have no idea as to whether the program will be compatible with newer Mac laptops. The answer to this question with feature heavily in whichever laptop I decide to purchase next, so if anyone can shed any light, I would be very greatful. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not work if your new MAC has Catalina or newer OS installed as these OS do not permit 32-bit applications. You can try to install it in MAC's which have OS's like Mojave, see the following link for details on how it's done

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at the Adobe Photography Plan, it includes the latest version of Photoshop, and updates as they become available, plus Lightroom and some storage for around $10 a month. It should work well on your new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines