• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Photoshop CC run on my device?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an autodidact student studying graphic design and want to install and use Photoshop Creative Cloud on my current device. Will  Photoshop run on a MacBook Air with the following specifications? I don't need to do very advanced projects since I'm a beginner and learning the program. I can't afford to buy a new laptop and creative cloud at the same time. Also wondering about InDesign and Illustrator. I read the minimun system requirements but found those articles unclear. I have the most recent version of Big Sur OS. Thanks.

Macbook Air early 2015 specifications:

Processor 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a creative cloud subscription some  Creative cloud version of Photoshop may run,  The latest version PS 2021 most likely will not run.  Your Process 1.6GHz does not meet the 2Ghz  requirement for windows. Adobe up the GPU requirement for PS 2021  the 6 year old Intel HD Graphics GPU is likely not supported. 

For Older version  like CC 2017  Adobe did not specify CPU clock speed for mac.

image.png

Here are the lates requirements

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! Do you know if there is a way to download the older 2017 version of Photoshop until I can save up for a new laptop? I haven't signed up for Creative Cloud yet, and I think if I do, the download will be the newest version. Not sure how to obtain an older one that would run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To activate any creative cloud  Photoshop version you need to have a subscription. Creative cloud versions of Photoshop is subscription software. It will do you no good to download and install any creative cloud version of Photoshop they will only work as a trial install for 7 days. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines