Highlighted

Will uninstalling Photoshop 2021 affect Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems my graphic card will not handle 2021 and I see no reason to upgrade it. I did not uninstall Photoshop 2020 which meets my needs for the work I am doing. Using Windows Uninstall to uninstall Photoshop 2021 I get a notification concerning preferences I want to keep my preferences, I never really was able to use 2021, Would my selecting keep my preferences just mean I am preserving my 2020 preferences?

Do not want to screw up what works for me while getting rid of what I do not need.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will uninstalling Photoshop 2021 affect Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems my graphic card will not handle 2021 and I see no reason to upgrade it. I did not uninstall Photoshop 2020 which meets my needs for the work I am doing. Using Windows Uninstall to uninstall Photoshop 2021 I get a notification concerning preferences I want to keep my preferences, I never really was able to use 2021, Would my selecting keep my preferences just mean I am preserving my 2020 preferences?

Do not want to screw up what works for me while getting rid of what I do not need.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall it using the Creative Cloud app, you'll just be removing the 2021 preferences and it shouldn't affect the 2020 version, but just in case it's always a good idea to backup your custom settings

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.ug.html

2020-10-26 12_00_01-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
mike75 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged

It worked out fine, regret cannot buy a new computer everytime a new version of something comes out, just not realistic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1