Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 and Adobe CC faltering/lagging

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question:
Recently I built and installed my computer myself. To my knowledge, everything is properly connected and installed, but I continue to have hitches/lags. The PC generally runs smoothly, but occasionally it falters/lags a bit. Then if I  move the mouse, the mouse will follow my movement with lag. Sometimes I type and then the text comes after my typing. The biggest problem arises when I work in Lightroom or Photoshop CC for a while. Then it starts to falter enormously, becomes very slow. In those situations it takes a lot of time to show drop-down menus and has trouble rendering edits. It also gives a GPU acceleration problem. And at the bottom right of the taskbar, it also has difficulty showing the 'hidden icons'. I can see the field in which the icons should be visible, but it takes a long time before the icons become visible. I just cannot find the cause and (the trigger) of the problem. Sometimes it goes well for a day and then suddenly it stops after 5 minutes. Do you have any idea what I can do to diagnose and fix the problem?

Relevant software and hardware that I use
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- CPU cooler: Nzxt Kraken X53
- Storage: 1x 500GB Samsung 970 EVO + 1x 1000GB 970 EVO
Motherboard: MSI MPG X5700 Gaming Plus
- RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair DDR4 3200 Vengeance RGB Pro
- GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Gaming X 6G

What I've already tried
I have the latest NVIDIA Studio Drivers installed (Gaming version also tried, but that didn't solve anything) and Windows is completely up-to-date. Also, I recently updated my BIOS hoping to fix the problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with Photoshop. Which exact version of Photoshop are you working on?

Could you please try optimizing the performance of Photoshop and let us know how it goes? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for responding. I'm using Creative Cloud which automaticly updates for me. The problems occur with Photoshop as well as with Lightroom. Photoshop is Using 21.2.1. Lightroom is using 3.3. I noticed my Dram was only using 2133Mhz instead of 3200Mhz. That's why I turned XMP Profile 1 on to enable the 3200Mhz. Could that maybe have anything to do with the problem? The problem is that I don't know what triggers the problem. Somethimes it works fine for a day. Sometimes the problem occurs within a minute.... 

I checked the performance settings on the website. I looks like everything is is order... 

I work on a 4K screen. Could that have to do witth the problem? I'm becoming a little despirate.. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines