• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 freezes when starting photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Photoshop CC, the splash screen comes up but everything quickly freezes.  Nothing works including ctrl+alt+delete -- I have to power off my computer and restart. I'm on Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, and it doesn't help.  Windows is up to date according to Windows Update.

It used to work fine, though it's been a few weeks since I last used it.  I'm at a loss for things to try.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to remove it using the adobe clean remove tool and install the 2020 version of Photoshop new version has some bugs which cause some problems...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How quickly does it freeze? You can see the progress on the Splash Screen as Photoshop loads.  There's a fair to middling chance that what is displayed at the moment it goes pear shapped is what is causing the issue. Corrupt fonts for instance, but printer drivers, plug-ins, brushes, actions etc. You can also try starting Photoshop while holding down the Shift key which prevents loading third party plugins and extensions.  If it opens OK with the shift key, one or more plugins is causing it.

Or Photoshop could be corrupted.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It freezes very quickly, usually when that text says "Initializing..." though I think I remember it may have said something else once or twice before when I tried.

I don't think I've added any plugins or extensions, and Shift-launch didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to reinstall then, but it could still be your operating system that is sick. 

How old is your computer?

What operating system are you using?
How healthy is that OS?  A few shut downs by the power going off can make your OS sick.  I had to reinstall Windows recently for that very reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes I think you’re right it’s the computer. Laptop is almost exactly a
year old. I reinstalled Windows maybe a month ago because of freezes when
not using adobe products but actually symptom is the same, just looks like
PS triggers it.

Time to reinstall again. Beware Lenovo I guess is the moral.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines