Windows 10 Installation Error 120 with 3Tb of space

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10 PC has 3 Tb of space in my 2 secondary hard drive, which I didn't think would cause any problems downloading. However, I have rerouted the installation location to my Z hard drive and I have an error code of 120. I don't understand how to fix this and asked multiple people who know their way through these things but It ends up in giving up. If I need to give out more info about this I'm willing to with reasonable requests.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows 10 Installation Error 120 with 3Tb of space

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10 PC has 3 Tb of space in my 2 secondary hard drive, which I didn't think would cause any problems downloading. However, I have rerouted the installation location to my Z hard drive and I have an error code of 120. I don't understand how to fix this and asked multiple people who know their way through these things but It ends up in giving up. If I need to give out more info about this I'm willing to with reasonable requests.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 26, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure what you're doing here, but

"I have rerouted the installation location to my Z hard drive"

is inviting problems.

You should always install applications on the system C drive. If the C drive is low on space, moving applications doesn't really help. A lot of it will end up in your user account on C anyway.

In fact, the user account is usually the main problem. All kinds of junk, from all your applications, end up here and accumulate over time. Stuff keeps going in, but never out. A thorough hosecleaning in the user account could free up 50 - 100 GB, which matters a lot more than the 1GB or so you can save by moving Photoshop.

To see exactly what fills up your drive and exactly where it is, try the excellent and free WinDirStat. Don't have a link right now, just google it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0