• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Ink Mandatory ? Is there a new workaround ? Creates a lot more new problems...

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as a lot of fellow users, I had problems with my Wacom Drivers, the .txt trick not working anymore and enabling the Windows Ink for it to work.

New Problem:
(And that's just an example among others) With Ink enabled, you can no longer make a Lasso Selection and Pan at the same time. Feature that I use probably in EVERY concept/illustration I do.
Not even talking about the freezes and the impossibility to use sub-menu tools properly even if you disable every functions of Windows Ink.

I'm slowly switching to Affinity Photo, but I'm still too slow on it to work efficiently. 

Does someone have a valid solution to the Windows Ink problem?
Not expecting the solution coming from Adobe obviously but usually the community has great tricks 🙂

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INK is not mandatory.  Pens with WinTab support does not work in PS 21.2.2.  Pens with INK have issues in PS 2.2.2. Mice work in PS 2020 21.2.2 and WinTabs work in Phtoshop version before 21.1. PS 2020 version 21.0.3 works with WinTab Support. 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I understand is... that I need to change my tablet model or don't update Photoshop anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe does not address the issues and resolve them that will be correct if you want to use a pen device with Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time and your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines